- This event has passed.
Arriving at Your Value Proposition
November 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
A great value prop lowers the risk associated with launching your new business. All new Clients need this workshop!
Facilitators: Riley Moynes, Client Services Manager
Dates: November 6th (session 1) and 27th (session 2), 2019
Mandatory: Participants must attend both sessions.
Part 1: PROBLEM WORKSHOP
When: November 6th, 2019 from 1-5pm
Goal: Prepare you to validate problem with your target market
A great Value Proposition starts with a deep understanding of your customers’ needs and pains. In this first workshop, we examine the problem you are solving with your product or service. What assumptions have you made and how do you test them? Discover tools and frameworks to help you interview customers and analyze results.
- Introduction: Startup Genome Project – how does your startup journey look?
- Articulating the problem
- What is product/market fit?
- The problem statement – how to create one and why it’s important.
- The value proposition – how to create one and why it’s important.
- The value proposition canvas – how to create one.
- How to ask for and then conduct customer interviews
- How to identify problem nuances and customer insights
Homework: Between sessions 1 and 2 you will have 3 weeks to conduct (record) and analyze 8-10 client interviews. You will also be asked to create a value proposition canvas.
Part 2: SOLUTION WORKSHOP
When: November 27, 2019 from 1-5pm
Goal: Identifying insights and building a prototype.
Now, you’ve got your problem figured out but how do you ensure your solution actually addresses it in a way that makes a sustainable business? In this second workshop, we articulate an early value prop and look at ways to test it with rapid prototypes and early MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
Discover tools and frameworks to help you find product/market fit.
- Finding the gold in customer interviews
- Share insights
- Share and give feedback on Value Proposition Canvases
- The context canvas
- MVP: What it is, how to build one and how to incrementally test it/validate it.
- Market sizing: How do you do it? What tools do you have to work with?
Homework: Check in with your Advisor re: market size research and the progress of your MVP validation.
Outcome of this process: You will be given the tools that will lead you towards product/market fit and the ability to articulate and validate core elements of your Value Proposition – problem/pain, target user/customer, solution and value proposition.
Light refreshments will be provided.