- This event has passed.
Changing Perspectives to Drive Innovation
October 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT$10
This session is meant for any company looking to drive innovation within their organization, either as their first product, or an established company looking to find new ways to continue to grow. We believe that earlier stage companies will benefit the most however. Topics that will be covered include:
- The process of discovery of Inspiration and Steve’s perception on what drives Innovation:
- Arguments and
- Using User Experience research techniques to identify fundamental needs and unique opportunities.
- Looking for the right question, not the right answer.
- Create arguments to build better products.
- Engage a multidisciplinary team
- Understand personality profiling
- How, when and why you must “kill your darlings”
- Fantastic Constraints
- Finding and designing for the paradox.
- Viewing from the opposite perspective
- Turning constraints into features
- Leveraging extreme users
- Amplifying Niche Markets
About the Speaker:
Steven Fyke, Founder / Creative Director of SnapPea Design
Steven has a broad technical background and an ability to capitalize on the strengths of many disciplines to weave a unique and compelling product story. Throughout his career he’s established a portfolio of over 160 granted US patents in areas spanning mechanical design, security, power management and interface design. In addition to SnapPea, Steve is the Design Strategy Mentor at the Accelerator Center in Waterloo.
We are a design strategy firm that is passionate about finding innovative solutions to the most challenging problems. We work with both hardware and software only companies, but specialize in IoT product design.