On November 13, 2018, Haltech and TechPlace are inviting you to Innovation in Action –
a full day tour of Halton’s Innovative Tech Companies.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Learn Why it is important to adapt your mindset towards Innovation Economy
- Visit 3 progressive and innovative companies in Halton (Javelin Technologies, Urtech Manufacturing, iLLUMA DRIVE)
- See how these companies are adapting and revolutionizing old systems using innovative thinking
- Network with CEOs and Founders
- Support local economy and connect with local businesses
Breakfast, lunch, cocktails, transportation- provided
- 8:00 am – Registration, networking, and breakfast
- 8:30 am – Innovate or Become Utility, Mark Majewski, Business Development Manager, OCE Adapting the Innovative Mindset, Tracey Kadish, Associate Dean, Business and Media Graduate Studies, Applied Research and Entrepreneurship at Mohawk College.
- 9:30 am – Bus tour begins
- 10:00 am – Arrive at Javelin Technologies and Cinema Suite.
- Cinema Suite will provide an immersive experience and talks on additive manufacturing best practices, 3D scanning and Augmented Reality.
- Javelin Technologies will give a talk on Javelin’s latest innovation practices
- 12:15 pm – LUNCH at Urtech Manufacturing
- 1:15 pm Urtech Manufacturing Tour
- Tour the facilities including the ‘UrStart Hardware Accelerator’, enabling local Canadian hardware ventures to launch their products from prototype, to production
- 3:00 pm – Arrive at iLLUMA-DRIVE.
- Tour the facilities, check out ILLUMA’s include energy storage product, NEO, IoT application Thea and ground-breaking CENSE low voltage DC system.
- Hear from Derek Hopkins and Robert Keane on how iLLUMA-DRIVE continues to revolutionize a 120-year-old industry using innovative technological practices using Digital Smart DC power and Energy Management.
- 4:45 pm – Arrive back at TechPlace
- Cocktail reception and networking sponsored by Nickel Brook Brewing Co.
Event Sponsored by: