Location: Greater Toronto Area
We’re looking for a versatile and well-rounded individual capable of adapting to the dynamic needs of a rapidly growing digital health start-up. Ideally they would bring experience in project management, including the use of standard tools, templates and protocols, and have familiarity with the electronic medical record industry or have worked in medical clinics. The role will involve increasing responsibility and will include eventual management of a portfolio of clients, as well as being assigned new projects and implementations. The ideal candidate would be energetic, possess strong communication skills (speaking, technical writing), understand the principles of sales and marketing, possess knowledge of mobile and web technology and bring either experience in healthcare or a passion about the healthcare industry. They would also understand the varied needs of a start-up and be willing and able to help colleagues as necessary to get the job done.
Responsibilities may include:
- Engaging in all stages of project management, including project acquisition, planning, implementation, support, communication (internal and external)
- Managing project related requests with clients and internal stakeholders
- Playing lead role in budget and timeline management for projects
- Client acquisition (all stages of sales cycle)
- Testing of new product functionality
- Preparing funding/grant applications
- Preparing marketing content
- Being on-site with clients (likely no more than 25% of time) within Southern Ontario, but potentially out of province as well
- Technical support and troubleshooting
Candidates should be willing/able to be present at the primary Ontario office (The Forge) 5 days/week, but should also be willing to have a flexible schedule. As we are a fluid startup, primary worksite is subject to change, and may shift to Toronto or elsewhere in the GTA. They will work closely alongside our Chief Medical Officer, Quality/Project Manager and User Support team and help grow our Ontario operations. They should also be willing to engage with our Vancouver/Manitoba team via web tools such as Slack and GoToMeeting. Candidates should also show strong independent work ethic, and closely log their hours, efforts and achievements.
Ability to have fun, be collegial, while still maintaining a professional relationship with staff and clients alike. Most of all, we’re looking for someone as passionate as we are about creating a positive paradigm shift in healthcare around the world.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Ideally 3-5+ years of previous experience in project or clinic management
- Experience with work in clinical or healthcare settings and working with electronic medical records is an asset
- Ability to learn quickly and apply critical-thinking skills to solve problems
- Experience in software development is an asset but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and communication skills (documenting status, next steps and follow up detail)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize items appropriately according to severity
- Excellent time management skills and analytical skills; and comfort with technology