Company: InputHealth Systems Inc.
Industry: Digital Health / Health IT
HQ: Vancouver, BC
Ontario Office(s): The Forge, Hamilton, ON (McMaster Innovation Park), ONRamp, 100 College Street, Toronto, ON
Start date: ASAP
Employment Type: FT/PT/Contractual
InputHealth is a rapidly growing Canadian digital health company led by a dynamic team of clinicians, designers, project managers and developers. We build tools that power 21st century outcome-based healthcare. Our flagship product, the Collaborative Health Record (CHR), is a platform which transforms the health record into a vehicle for engagement, communication and workflow efficiency. The Software-as-a-Service model of solution delivery, customization of the platform, and steadfast focus on user experience is quickly gaining traction and adoption across clinical practices in Canada, the USA and soon the global digital health market. In 1983, Steve Jobs lured then Pepsi executive John Sculley to join Apple with a question: “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to change the world?” When we recruit team members to join InputHealth, we paraphrase Mr. Jobs by asking if they’d like to work with and celebrate a company that is creating technology that can save lives. With that most audacious vision, we’ve brought together the world’s most talented physicians, developers, designers and thinkers to architect solutions that transform healthcare through patient engagement and outcomes. InputHealth is proud to have an international portfolio with clients including Mayo Clinic, the University of British Columbia, McGill University, Population Health Research Institute, and dozens of others, all before deploying any formal marketing strategy. We are at a pivotal stage of our company, anticipating rapid growth in the next 6-12 months. Candidates should be keen in joining a fast-paced and energetic team that includes thought-leaders in health care.
We’re looking for a versatile and well-rounded individual capable of adapting to the dynamic needs of a rapidly growing start-up. Ideally they would bring experience in project management, including the use of standard tools, templates and protocols. The role will involve increasing responsibility and will include eventual management of a portfolio of clients, as well as being assigned new projects and implementations. The ideal candidate would be energetic, possess strong communication skills (speaking, technical writing), understand the principles of sales and marketing, possess knowledge of mobile and web technology and bring either experience in healthcare or a passion about the healthcare industry. They would also understand the varied needs of a startup and be willing and able to help colleagues as necessary to get the job done.
Responsibilities may include:
- Engaging in all stages of project management, including project acquisition, planning, implementation, support, communication (internal and external)
- Managing project related requests with clients and internal stakeholders
- Playing lead role in budget and timeline management for projects
- Client acquisition (all stages of sales cycle)
- Testing of new product functionality
- Preparing funding/grant applications
- Preparing marketing content
- Being on-site with clients (approximately 25% of time) within Southern Ontario, but potentially out of province as well
- Technical support and troubleshooting
Candidates should be willing/able to be present at the primary Ontario office (The Forge) 5 days/week, but should also be willing to have a flexible schedule. As we are a fluid startup, primary worksite is subject to change, and may shift to Toronto or elsewhere in the GTA. They will work closely alongside Dr. Puneet Seth (Chief Medical Officer) and Areeba Athar (Project Manager) and help grow our Ontario operations. They should also be willing to engage with our Vancouver/Manitoba team via web tools such as Slack and GoToMeeting. Candidates should also show strong independent work ethic, and closely log their hours, efforts and achievements. Ability to have fun, be collegial, while still maintaining a professional relationship with staff and clients alike. Most of all, we’re looking for someone as passionate as we are about creating a positive paradigm shift in healthcare around the world.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Ideally 3-5+ years of previous experience in project management
- Experience with work in clinical or healthcare settings is an asset
- Ability to learn quickly and apply critical-thinking skills to solve problems
- Experience in software development is an asset but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, particularly with documenting status, next steps and follow up detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize items appropriately according to severity
- Excellent time management skills and analytical skills; and comfort with technology
We offer a competitive compensation package with a benefits package. Please email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to all those that apply. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.