What could your company do with $15,000 in wage subsidies?Application Form Here
The Science Horizons Youth Internship Program is a wage subsidy initiative to help recent graduates eligible to work in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields acquire work experience fields linked to the green economy.
The Science Horizons Youth Internship Program gives employers the freedom to:
- Gain access to funds to hire scientific and technical staff with less financial risk
- Grow their business
- Access a pool of workers eager to utilize their skills
- Develop new talent within their company
The program provides up to a maximum of $15,000 in wage subsidies to help employers hire the talent they need and help recent STEM graduates gain skills to secure full-time employment in environmental STEM fields.
Long success record
BioTalent Canada has a long track record of successful implementation of federal wage-subsidy programs, helping new talent gain employment in biotech and assisting companies in offsetting the costs of hiring.
For stories and more details on the success of BioTalent Canada wage subsidy programs please see our Mapping Potential – Profiles of Canada’s biotech frontiers and Green Crossovers – Emerging Horizons in Canada’s Bio-economy.
Participants must be:
- Aged 30 or under at the beginning of the internship
- Graduated in the last 3 years from a post-secondary institution from a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics program
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
- Provide an internship position in an environmental STEM field linked to the green economy;
- Provide a full-time internship with a required duration between 6-12 months, the internship must start on or before September 30, 2019;
- Establish and maintain a process for supervising and mentoring an intern; and,
- Contribute as at least 50% of the total cost of each internship
The wages for this position must not be funded by another federally-funded program like IRAP, Mitacs, etc.
Eligible employers under the Science Horizons program include:
- For-profit organizations (small- or medium-sized enterprises, corporations, or industry associations);
- Provincial and territorial, municipal and local governments including institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations;
- Post-secondary institutions; and,
- The organization, including but not limited to non-government organizations, including non-profit organizations, Aboriginal organizations, including band councils/tribal councils and local organizations.
For application details and instructions please download the full application package.
Uncertain if you qualify? Don’t count yourself out.
Contact Colleen at ext. 221 or email@example.com, Hannah Walhad at ext. 215 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenn Ash at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 298 or email@example.com.
This project was undertaken with the financial support of: